Monday, December 17, 2012

Brad Jamula






My work explores our symbiotic relationship with the urban environment by looking at how it affects us and, in turn, how we attempt to effect change. By moving through the city and using photography as a record of that movement, I want to question how space is constructed and how we inject ourselves into that space, either physically, or through images and mark-making.
I aim to investigate and compare how we influence urban spaces, and analyze the relationship between documentary photography and public imagery. By drawing on my own understanding of the city and my use of photography as a means of study, I hope to make larger connections between society’s experience of the evolving urban landscape and its efforts to create a more personal expression of community within that environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment